Location: Bay Area
UpStart inspires and empowers leaders to dream, build, and grow bold initiatives that enhance the vitality of Jewish life. Over the last ten years, UpStart has been a leading engine of Jewish innovation, empowering organizations to take risks, develop creative engagement strategies, and maximize the potential of their community-changing ideas.
UpStart is seeking a Program Assistant to support local, regional, and national programs. Reporting to the Senior Director of Design Strategy, the Program Assistant will support program planning, logistics, and execution to ensure success.
- Support the UpStart National Accelerator program including (80%):
- Provide input on and help manage systems for program administration
- Provide logistical and administrative support for programs including 2-3 Labs (multi-day workshops) each year
- Provide support and manage aspects of the outreach, application, and selection process for incoming cohorts
- Manage the Accelerator Grant disbursement process
- Manage the specialty coaching process, including scheduling meetings, supporting match-making, and ensuring follow-up
- Support the CORE Outcomes and Metrics process including managing tracking documents and creating reports
- Support programming in UpStart’s regional hubs, including (20%)
- Registration and administrative support for Innovation Workshops and Design Service engagements
- Outreach, registration, and logistics for Innovation Fellowships
- Logistics, registration, and administrative support for innovator sprints
- Additional UpStart program and general administrative support, as needed
Skills and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in program administrative and/or planning roles in a nonprofit or entrepreneurial setting
- Proficient in Google suite and Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of the Jewish communal landscape and/or the larger field of entrepreneurship and innovation
- Experience managing and coordinating multiple projects
- Passionate about UpStart’s mission and the work of our innovators.
- Committed to UpStart’s values of empathy, optimism, collaboration, and risk-taking
- Strong time management skills, attention to detail, and accuracy
- Positive attitude, high degree of professionalism, diplomacy and tact
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks, and to work both within teams and independently
- High standards of excellence, including extraordinary organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility and comfort working in a fast-paced environment with unanticipated opportunities
- Adaptable to change, both organizational and technological
This is a full-time position in the. Bay Area.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. UpStart is an equal opportunity employer. All individuals are entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state, or local laws.
To Apply: Please send the following to Careers@upstartlab.org with the subject: UpStart Program Assistant. Include: Resume and a cover letter that communicates why you would be a “fit” for the position.
UpStart inspires and empowers leaders to dream, build, and grow bold initiatives that enhance the vitality of Jewish life. UpStart hosts programs in dozens of communities across the country, supporting entrepreneurs and communal leaders looking to generate and nurture community-changing ideas. Since our inception, the UpStart network of programs has fueled the impact of over 1,300 organizations and trained nearly 3,000 of the Jewish community’s most inspiring leaders.