UpStart partners with the Jewish community’s boldest leaders to expand the picture of how Jews find meaning and how we come together. Whether someone is starting a new venture, or reimagining what an existing one has to offer, UpStart gives them the entrepreneurial tools and network they need to build the Jewish community of the future.
We are seeking a talented Marketing Associate to execute on UpStart’s communications and marketing strategies with creativity, agility, and impeccable attention to detail. This person should have experience driving marketing campaigns and communications toward a variety of outcomes, should have a depth of understanding of graphic design, and should be a critical and solutions-oriented thinker.
The Marketing Associate will be an integral part of the Brand Strategy team and report to the Director, Brand & Marketing.
We are open to applicants from all locations throughout the US and currently have hubs in the Bay Area, Los Angeles, Denver, Chicago, and New York City. Due to COVID-19, all UpStart staff have been working remotely since March 2020. As the world begins to open back up, we have a very flexible office policy and would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Marketing & Communications (80%):
- Write, edit, and produce timely and inspiring digital content to engage UpStart’s diverse audiences, and to support program, development, and field-building campaigns
- Manage UpStart’s communications calendar and coordinate execution of communications cross-departmentally, including drafting, editing, and approvals
- Strategically grow, manage, engage, and measure UpStart’s audiences and marketing lists
- Regularly update and optimize UpStart’s website, social media, and other platforms
- Identify and execute on opportunities for creative messaging and storytelling that supports UpStart’s initiatives
- Collect stories and testimonials for use in fundraising and other marketing materials.
- Leverage digital tools and communications to support fundraising or other campaigns that speak to our full audience
- Own the production of visually compelling collateral to support UpStart program and development campaigns
- Contribute to message development and long-form thought leadership as needed.
Asset and List Management (20%):
- Manage and regularly update the UpStart Center of Excellence with materials and resources, ensuring the latest and most accurate information, and own the maintenance of photo and video assets
- Update and maintain email marketing and stakeholder lists in Mailchimp and Salesforce, partnering closely with Development and Program teams
- Serve as a resource to UpStart team members on where and how to locate brand assets, and produce and edit assets as needed
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of relevant experience producing digital content in a Jewish, nonprofit, or entrepreneurial setting
- Exceptional, compelling copywriter, whether in a tweet or a journal article; excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Superior project management and organization skills
- Basic graphic design skills and a keen eye for brand-aligned aesthetics; familiarity with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Canva preferred
- Experience working with creative professionals and vendors in the production of graphic design, video, and printed collateral
- Experience managing and coordinating multiple projects
- Experience with website, marketing and design software products including but not limited to MailChimp, Salesforce, and WordPress
- Comprehensive knowledge of social media platforms, particularly LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram
- Experience with the marketing and branding of events
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects, and to work both within teams and independently
- High standards of excellence, including extraordinary organizational skills and attention to detail
- Creativity, flexibility, and comfort working in a fast-paced environment with unanticipated opportunities
- Adaptable to change, both organizational and technological
- Enthusiasm for UpStart’s mission and the work of UpStart’s network
- Committed to UpStart’s values of empathy, optimism, collaboration, and risk-taking
- Someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who loves solving problems and navigating obstacles
- Committed to integrating a diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice lens into every piece of their work
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is from $53,000 – $60,000, depending on experience. In addition to salary, UpStart offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, matching 401K, FSA, and an annual professional development stipend. We value the time you spend outside the office as much as we value the time you spend with us, and so, our flexible scheduling and vacation policies enable you to hold both.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume, along with a thoughtful cover letter (limited to one page), to our hiring team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT TO EXPECT
At UpStart, our Team Philosophy is to Dream with Purpose, Build the ‘What Might Be’, and Grow the Good. This philosophy underpins how we work – and how we work together. For more about UpStart’s organizational culture, check out our culture deck.
We will be openly recruiting for this position until it is filled. We will directly follow up with candidates who have advanced to our first interview round. Candidates who have been selected to advance to an initial call will be contacted directly. Due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to contact each applicant, but we still recognize and value the time and effort you’ve taken to submit your application.
Our internal process from submission to offer will look as follows:
- A preliminary call will be scheduled with our internal recruiter.
- Candidates who advance to the first interview will meet with the Hiring Manager.
- Candidates who advance to a second round will complete an experiential assignment in advance of interviewing with the Program team (which is the third round).
- Finalists will participate in a third-round interview with the Hiring Manager. References will be requested of all finalists in advance of this final meeting. Finalists will participate in a third-round interview with the Hiring Manager. References will be requested of all finalists in advance of this final meeting.
UpStart strives to model our vision of a just, vibrant, and inclusive future. UpStart strongly encourages applications from individuals with varied identities and backgrounds, including people of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, LGBTQIA people, and people who come from low income or working class backgrounds. As an equal opportunity employer, all individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state, or local laws.