UpStart partners with the Jewish community’s boldest leaders to expand the picture of how Jews find meaning and how we come together. Whether someone is starting a new venture, or reimagining what an existing one has to offer, UpStart gives them the entrepreneurial tools and network they need to build the Jewish community of the future.
Delivering engaging, organized, and meaningful experiences is a critical component of how UpStart brings bold Jewish ideas to light. UpStart is seeking a Program Associate who has a passion for UpStart’s mission and the desire to work with bold leaders to enhance the vitality of Jewish life.
An integral member of the program team, the Program Associate will support our work with Entrepreneurs and Ventures (E&V) through high-level operations, communications, and administrative support for all E&V programs. Reporting to the Senior Director of Entrepreneurs & Ventures, this role will preferably sit in the Bay Area, although we are open to applicants located in any of our major hub cities (Los Angeles, Denver, Chicago, New York City).
Support Entrepreneur & Ventures (E&V) team with operational support and systems management, including:
- Provide logistical and administrative support for in-person and virtual gatherings for E&V programs (including one- and multi-day retreats)
- Provide support and manage aspects of the outreach, application, selection and onboarding process for all E&V programs, including Sprints (early stage ventures), Accelerator (growth stage ventures) and alumni programs
- Manage grant disbursement processes
- Support the implementation of new program components, including creating systems to help integrate these into pre-existing processes
- Facilitate contract development and all associated administrative communication
- Coordinate all invoicing for E&V pathway programs
- Manage the communication calendar for the E&V team, coordinate with the Brand Strategy team, and execute all client-facing emails
Tech Systems Management:
- Act as a support to the E&V Team for the E&V Platform on Salesforce, coordinating with the Metrics & Evaluation (M&E) and People & Systems (P&S) teams to assure that all data is accurate and participants are able to access relevant online resources
- Manage “Ask UpStart” – a process to match leaders with expert resources – including scheduling meetings, supporting match-making, and ensuring follow-up
- Support the management of the E&V mentor-matching process, leveraging the E&V Platform on Salesforce to monitor the meetings, match-making, and follow up
- Manage staff and participant tech platforms including Salesforce, Survey Monkey Apply, HR Answerlink
- Support the data collection, tracking and reporting processes including administering forms, managing and tracking documents, and drafting program synthesis reports, in alignment with the UpStart Evaluation Plan, in coordination with the People & Systems department
- Additional UpStart program and general administrative support, as needed
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in program administrative roles
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working with virtual teams
- Knowledge of the larger field of entrepreneurship and innovation and/or Jewish communal landscape
- Experience managing and coordinating multiple projects
- Adaptable to change and ability to pivot when other needs arise, both organizational and technological
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Committed to UpStart’s values of empathy, optimism, collaboration, and risk-taking
- Strong time management skills, attention to detail, and accuracy
- Positive attitude, high degree of professionalism, diplomacy and tact
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks, and to work both within teams and independently
- High standards of excellence, including extraordinary organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be very flexible and able to anticipate needs in a fast-paced environment.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary range will be discussed during your first round interview and we can answer any questions you may have about compensation during that conversation. Compensation is commensurate with experience. UpStart is an equal opportunity employer. All individuals are entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state, or local laws.
UpStart offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, matching 401K, FSA, and an annual professional development stipend. We value the time you spend outside the office as much as we value your time spent with us, and so, our flexible scheduling and open vacation policies enable you to hold both.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume, along with a thoughtful and concise cover letter, to our hiring team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UpStart strives to model our vision of a just, vibrant, and inclusive future. As an equal opportunity employer, UpStart strongly encourages applications from individuals with varied identities and backgrounds, including Sephardic and Mizrahi Jews, Jews of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, LGBTQIA people, and people who come from low income or working class backgrounds.
WHAT TO EXPECT
At UpStart, our Team Philosophy is to Dream with Purpose, Build the ‘What Might Be’, and Grow the Good. This philosophy underpins how we work — and how we work together. For more about UpStart’s organizational culture, check out our culture deck.
We will be openly recruiting for this position until it is filled. We will directly follow up with candidates who have advanced to our first interview round. Candidates who have been selected to advance to an initial call will be contacted directly. Due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to contact each applicant, but we still recognize and value the time and effort you’ve taken to submit your application.
Our internal process from submission to offer will look as follows:
- A preliminary call will be scheduled with our internal recruiter.
- Candidates who advance to the first interview will meet with the Hiring Manager.
- Candidates who advance to a second round will complete an experiential assignment in advance of interviewing with two primary collaborators for this position.
- Finalists will participate in a third-round interview with the Hiring Manager. References will be requested of all finalists in advance of this final meeting.